Energy conservation is becoming increasingly important in modern electronic systems. Therefore, decreasing the standby power consumption of electronic devices is becoming very important. Mornsun recognizes that as the heart of electronic systems, power supplies need to be more efficient. In order to solve the customers' pain points, Mornsun launched a new third-generation DC/DC isolation power module to meet specific needs in the market. MORNSUN R3 Series DC/DC converter has a significant improvement in reducing the no-load power consumption and raising the light-load efficiency, which solves the temperature raise problem perfectly when operating in light-load conditions for a long time and enhances the reliability.
DC/DC Power Converter Module in Electronics Industry
Isolated dc power converter modules are mainly used in electronics power supply systems to realize the functions of isolation, noise reduction, voltage conversion, voltage stabilization, and protection.
1. The DC/DC converter adopts an isolated design, which can isolate the influence of common-mode interference from primary side equipment to the control system so that the loads can work stable. For example, there are many application loads in the main network of the power industry, the mutual interference easily leads to the disorder of the control system, adopting a good isolated design can solve most of the applicate issues.
2. Different loads require different supply voltages, such as 5V, 3.3V, 1.8V for controlling IC, ±15V for an operational amplifier for signal acquisition, and 24V for bus voltage, which makes an isolated DC/DC converter is needed for voltage conversion to adapt to different uses.
3. The bus voltage will have line loss in the process of long-distance transmission, resulting in unstable voltage to PCB board, and the load needs stable voltage, so DC/DC converter wide voltage input and steady voltage output are needed.
4. DC/DC high voltage power supply module needs to protect the load of the system and itself under abnormal circumstances.
Advantages of DC/DC Converter R3 Series
The power supply plays a vital role in the whole circuit. The more and more stringent application environment brings great challenges to the power supply design and puts forward more and higher requirements. DC/DC module power supplies are increasingly used in communications, industrial automation, power industry, railway industry, mining, military and other industries. The modular design can effectively simplify the customer's circuit design and improve the reliability and maintenance efficiency of the system. The application environment of power supply is becoming more and more severe, which brings tough requirements to power supply manufacturers: How to solve the problem of no-load application? How to improve the module temperature rise issue? How to solve the system's untimely start issue and so on? Mornsun's DC/DC converter has the following advantages to meet market demand:
- The industrial control system may be in light-load operation most of the time, so light-load efficiency is the key index to be considered when selecting and purchasing components. R3 series products' efficiency exceeds 78% in the light load range of 5%-30% and no-load power consumption is as low as 0.1W which helps to save energy and minimize the temperature rise. The ultra-low no-load power consumption of the DC/DC R3 series can also help it achieve benefits and improve standby demand and battery life.
DC/DC Converter R3 Series Power Solution for Different Applications
The power grid will be abnormal due to lightning strikes, short circuit faults, etc. As a result, the power grid voltage drops instantaneously to ms level, and large equipment such as DCS / PLC shuts down abnormally, causing large economic losses; The anti-shake module can restart the device when the power grid is momentarily powered off. It requires the power supply to provide 20W power to the relay within 1.5s, but most of the time, the system is close to no-load. If the power supply‘s no-load power consumption is too large, resulting in weak battery life and short life. Many power supplies on the market consume more than 0.4W, which does not meet customer requirements. Mornsun URB2424LD-20WR3 adopts no-load frequency hopping technology, and the no-load power consumption is low to 0.144W, which can extend the life of the battery.
5G Micro Base Station Monitoring System
5G is best described as the next-generation wireless technology that further enhances communication between loT (Internet of Things) devices. The MBS monitoring system of the 5G Micro Base Station Monitoring System can be powered by the 48VDC/220VAC power module via a 6W isolated DC-DC buck converter(URB4812YMD-6WR3), and the step-down circuit supplies power for the backup battery charging circuit, the main control circuit and the B0505S-1WR3 module. The B0505S-1WR3 module is used to communicate with as many as 485 devices.
MORNSUN DC/DC Converters Brochure
MORNSUN - Your Professional Power Supply Manufacturer
Technical team. Our R&D engineers at MORNSUN have designed varied DC/DC and AC/DC power supplies catering to the various needs of your power systems. You can choose one or more of our advanced and cost-efficient components, spacing from fixed input DC/DC converters and enclosed switching power supplies to DIN Rail power supplies. Guided by the service principle of "trustworthiness", MORNSUN offers the best products, fast and local service, and efficient pre-sales and after-sales support for clients worldwide.
MORNSUN provides professional power supply services. Backed by a perfect management system that consists of advanced research technology, a high-quality raw material platform, advanced equipment, excellent manufacturing process management, specialized screening sequence on reliability and rich experience, each solution from MORNSUN is designed to improve the stability, safety, and reliability of your power system.
Contact us now to request a sample and a quotation!